Our team is our greatest asset.
We recognize that success is a direct result of our team and therefore, Prophecy Platinum believes in surrounding itself with the right people to continue to grow and expand its business. If you have the necessary skills and are interested in exploring career opportunities with Prophecy Platinum, please email email@example.com.
We are currently looking for a Senior Geologist to work with our Wellgreen Project Manager in designing and supervising geoscience activities on the Wellgreen Project focused primarily on geological setting, mineralization definition, and accuracy of resource/reserve estimates. On occasion you will be required to provide geological/resource/reserve support when needed on other Prophecy Platinum projects worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of the complete Wellgreen ultramafic geologic model as it relates to both geological setting and interpretation of mineralization.
- Mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates of the Wellgreen deposit.
- Management of project databases for exploration, metallurgical studies and mine development. Databases to include both electronic and hard copies of all corporate records relating to exploration and mine development including contracts, technical reports, maps, reference materials, etc. Ensure database is relational for management of all corporate drilling data.
- Designing layout of surface and underground drill site development for the Wellgreen Project which includes and is not limited to road access, drill pad/site construction and decommissioning of roads and drill pads.
- Ensuring reconnaissance and final surveying of roads and drill holes is complete and documented. This is to include drill hole orientation, collar surveys, down hole surveys and semi-permanent markers.
- Manage and oversee all sample preparation, chain of custody and permanent on-site and off-site storage. This is to include all necessary system development and training of staff or contractors when necessary.
- Co-ordination with other managers and consultants in the completion of future project preliminary assessments, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies and environmental assessments.
- Provide support to the company exploration geologist with non-Wellgreen Project property evaluations when practical.
- Responsible for completion of all core logging and QC/QA reporting.
- Presentations of project details to various investment groups or as required as part of the company's corporate communications program.
- Ensure adhering to corporate, security (BCSC, NI43-101) and professional association (APEGBC) requirements in our engineering studies and technical reports. Actively pursuing professional designation within APEGBC
- Actively engaging in networking activities within the industry to keep abreast of important developments relevant to the region by liaising academic, industry and government institutions and participating in technical research, discussions and related activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities, which may be reasonably considered the responsibility of persons acting as project geologists in corporations of similar size to Prophecy.
- Preparing, coordinating and managing project budgets.
- Report directly to the Vice President, Exploration
- A degree in Geology or Geoscience and professional designation
- A minimum of 5 years related field experience is required
- Experience with commercial exploration and mining software systems (eg. Surpac, MapInfo)
- Experience in geometallurgy
- Knowledge of practical geostatistics and resource estimation
- Extensive working knowledge of nickel deposit types (preferably PGM and nickel) within the North American region and experience with various exploration methods and deposits on a regional scale
- Ability to lead, develop and manage a team
- Good communication skills and command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Can work both independently and in a team environment
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Title “Senior Geologist” in the subject line.